Reveals security threats on the websites you browse
- An extra layer of security
- Detect potentially dangerous sites before visiting them
- Works for both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
- Doesn't work properly with Internet Explorer 9
- Tries to change the default search engine
McAfee SiteAdvisor protects you from potentially dangerous websites while browsing the web by using a three-color alarm system.
After installing McAfee SiteAdvisor, you’ll see a new button on the browser interface, as well as an additional search field. Also, from now on, every time you use a search engine you’ll see a small rating icon beside each result. These tools will help you detect risky websites before visiting them.
Using McAfee SiteAdvisor is really simple: a green icon means the site is safe, a yellow one means low risk and the red one stands for high risk. These potential threats include spam, hackers, adware, phishing and others. You can also view a complete report about the site you’re currently visiting.
McAfee SiteAdvisor adds an extra layer of security to your usual browsing habits.